:: Unauthorized use of other people's accounts or computers ::
Webserve Networks will strongly react to any use or attempted use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization. Such attempts include "social engineering" (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password cracking, security hole scanning etc. Any unauthorized use of accounts or computers by a Webserve Networks customer, whether or not the attacked account or computer belongs to Webserve Networks, will result in action against the attacker. Possible actions include warnings, account suspension or cancellation, and civil or criminal legal action, according to the seriousness of the attack.
Commercial advertisements with e-mail
A.K.A. - SPAM - Unsolicited commercial advertisements are not allowed in e-mail, and will likely result in account suspension or cancellation. Commercial advertisements are unwelcome in most Usenet discussion groups and on most e-mail mailing lists. Inappropriate posting may result in account suspension or cancellation. See the newsgroups or mailing list's charter for whether advertising is allowed or not. "Spamming," or sending a message to many different off-topic newsgroups, is particularly unethical and will be treated as such. Sending a message, especially an advertisement, to more than five or six recipients, is by itself spamming unless the individuals have specifically requested to be added to a mailing list on that topic. E-mail is a person-to-person medium, not a broadcast medium.
Accounts caught sending unsolicited, as defined by Webserve Networks*, email/usenet postings, either through our server(s) or to promote a web site on our servers, will be terminated immediately, will not qualify for a refund and will be charged $50 per complaint filed.
*Unsolicited is defined, by Webserve Networks as: E-mail sent to recipients who have not asked to be contacted by you or Usenet postings (that are cross-posted to more than three newsgroups and/or posted in newsgroups where this is against that groups FAQ or charter), for the sole purpose of promoting a website or commercial business on our servers.
Acceptable Resource Usage
Webserve Networks makes every reasonable attempt to provide an environment suitable for use by its customers for the purpose of an on-line presence, including sufficient bandwidth and CPU resources. Bandwidth and CPU resources are on an open and "first come first serve" basis whereby bandwidth and CPU resources are allocated in order of who requests them first. In this environment, it is possible for a user to consume more than their share of CPU resources and/or bandwidth and therefore impede the performance of the network and servers as a whole, adversely limiting the resources available to other users. Webserve Networks closely monitors the performance of its systems and network. If at any time Webserve Networks deems that a user is imposing an unreasonable load on a server or the network (such as an inordinate number of CGI processes or MySQL calls), Webserve Networks may, at its sole discretion, take any action it deems necessary to correct the problem and free up resources for other users, including but not limited to killing processes or shutting down service for an offending user without notice.
Any type of IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client or script is prohibited.
Web proxy scripts are prohibited. This includes any script, such as nph-proxy, that allows anyone to browse to a third party web site from any server in the Webserve Networks network or that otherwise masks the true origination point of browsing activities by use of network information associated with Webserve Networks. If these scripts are found, they will be deleted without notice. Repeated violations will result in account suspension or termination.
Definition of Unlimited Bandwidth & Bandwidth Issues
The term "Unlimited" is often used within the Internet Services community to describe services of which no hard limits or per-unit pricing are imposed, but which are nonetheless governed by limitations of fair and reasonable use, often at the discretion of the service provider. Webserve Networks does not currently offer "unlimited bandwidth" plans. Our accounts have a limited amount of bandwidth per month and will be assessed an additional fee each month that the bandwidth usage is over the limit. Webserve Networks includes in its plans a very generous allowance of monthly bandwidth. For those sites that repeatedly exceed the allotted amount of bandwidth, we may require you upgrade to a "dedicated server". Proper notice will be given in the event we require a client to upgrade.
Webserve Networks reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Customers may only use Webserve Networks' services for lawful purpose(s). Transmission of any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, material protected by trade secrets, child pornography and satanic materials. Webserve Networks expressly forbids anyone from using Webserve Networks' service(s) for the propagation, distribution, housing, processing, storing, or otherwise handling in any way the above, or any other material which we deem to be objectionable including WAREZ, Trojans, cracking tools (and links to those materials). The designation of any materials as such described above is left entirely to the discretion of Webserve Networks' management. Webserve Networks' service(s) are intended for the end user only. Customers cannot sublease, sub host, or give away control of any portion of Webserve Networks' resources. Doing so could result in immediate account cancellation. Your password is considered private and is not to be given out to any third party outside your organization.
All accounts are set up on a prepay basis. Setup fees may be charged for all new accounts and major account changes and are nonrefundable. All pricing is guaranteed for the term of prepayment. Webserve Networks reserves the right to change prices at any time. Payment is due each anniversary month or period following the date the account was established. Any account not brought current within a week of e-mail notice or exceeding this time frame in any way is subject to suspension. The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer notifies Webserve Networks in writing for a request for termination of services.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Webserve Networks harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against Webserve Networks, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Webserve Networks against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Webserve Networks' server; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement and (4) any defective products sold to customer from Webserve Networks' server.
Webserve Networks will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer for any reason, including negligence on our part. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by Webserve Networks and its employees. Webserve Networks makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied about the services we provide. Webserve Networks specifically disclaims all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Webserve Networks cannot be held liable for system downtime, crashes, or data loss. We cannot be held liable for any predicted estimate of profits in which a client would have gained if their site was functioning. Certain services provided by Webserve Networks are resold. Thus, certain equipment, routing, software, and programming used by Webserve Networks are not directly owned or written by Webserve Networks. Moreover, Webserve Networks holds no responsibility for the use of our client's accounts. If any terms or conditions are failed to be followed, the account in question will be automatically deactivated. We reserve the right to remove any account without advanced notice for any reason without restitution as Webserve Networks sees fit. You are responsible for keeping up to date on these terms and conditions. Should they change, the changes will apply toward you. We may or may not notify you of changes to these conditions.
1. AGREEMENT. In this Service Agreement ("Agreement") "you" and "your" refer to each customer, "we", us" and "our" refer to Webserve Networks and "Services" refers to the services provided by us as offered through Webserve Networks, the Registration Service Provider ("RSP"). This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for various Services. By selecting our Services you have agreed to establish an account with us for such Services. When you use your account or permit someone else to use it to purchase or otherwise acquire access to additional Services or to cancel your Services (even if we were not notified of such authorization), this Agreement covers such service or actions. By using the Services under this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement and any pertinent rules or policies that are or may be published by us.
2. SELECTION OF A DOMAIN NAME. We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name you select, or the use you make of the domain name, infringes legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate to see whether the domain name you select or its use infringes legal rights of others, and in particular we suggest you seek advice of competent counsel. You may wish to consider seeking one or more trademark registrations in connection with your domain name. You should be aware that there is the possibility we might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should be aware that if we are sued or threatened with lawsuit in connection with your domain name, we might turn to you to hold us harmless and indemnify us.
3. FEES, PAYMENT AND TERM. As consideration for the services you have selected, you agree to pay us the applicable service(s) fees. All fees payable hereunder are nonrefundable unless we provide otherwise. As further consideration for the Services, you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process and (2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. All such information shall be referred to as account information ("Account Information"). You hereby grant us the right to disclose to third parties such Account Information. The Registrant, by completing and submitting the Domain Name Registration Agreement ("Registration Agreement"), represents that the statements in its application are true and that the registration of the selected Domain Name, so far as the Registrant is aware, does not interfere with or infringe upon the rights of any third party. The Registrant also represents that the Domain Name is not being registered for any unlawful purpose.
4. MODIFICATIONS TO AGREEMENT. You agree, during the period of this Agreement, that we may: (1) revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and (2) change the services provided under this Agreement. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective immediately on posting of the revised Agreement or change to the service(s) on our web site, or on notification to you by e-mail or regular mail. You agree to review our web site, including the Agreement, periodically to be aware of any such revisions. If you do not agree with any revision to the Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing us with notice by e-mail or regular mail as per the Cancellation section of this agreement. Notice of your termination will be effective on receipt and processing by us. You agree that, by continuing to use the Services following notice of any revision to this Agreement or change in service(s), you abide by any such revisions or changes. You further agree to abide by the ICANN Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy ("Dispute Policy") as amended from time to time. You agree that, by maintaining the reservation or registration of your domain name after modifications to the Dispute Policy become effective, you have agreed to these modifications. You acknowledge that if you do not agree to any such modifications, you may request that your domain name be deleted from the domain name database.
5. MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR ACCOUNT. In order to change any of your account information with us, you must use your Account Identifier and Password that you selected when you opened your account with us. Please safeguard your Account Identifier and Password from any unauthorized use. In no event will we be liable for the unauthorized use or misuse of your Account Identifier or Password.
6. DOMAIN NAME DISPUTE POLICY. If you reserved or registered a domain name through us, or transferred a domain name to us from another registrar, you agree to be bound the Dispute Policy which is incorporated herein and made a part of this Agreement by reference.
7. DOMAIN NAME DISPUTES. You agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the Dispute Policy in effect at the time of the dispute. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy. For any dispute, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of your domicile, the courts of the geographic location indicated by your WHOIS information for your domain name, and the courts of The State of New Jersey, United States of America.
8. AGENTS. You agree that, if an agent for you (i.e., an Internet Service Provider, employee, etc.) purchased our Services on your behalf, you are nonetheless bound as a principal by all terms and conditions herein, including the Dispute Policy.
9. ANNOUNCEMENTS. We reserve the right to distribute information to you that is pertinent to the quality or operation of our services and those of our service partners. These announcements will be predominately informative in nature and may include notices describing changes, upgrades, new products or other information to add security or to enhance your identity on the Internet.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You agree that our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, with respect to any Service(s) provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for such Service(s). We and our contractors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of the Services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by law. We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to: (1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions; (2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) loss or liability resulting from acts of God; (4) loss or liability resulting from the unauthorized use or misuse of your Account Identifier or Password; (5) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or service(s) provided under this Agreement; (6) loss or liability resulting from the development or interruption of your Web site or email service. The registrant agrees that we will not be liable for any loss of registration and use of registrant's domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall our maximum liability exceed five hundred ($500.00) dollars.
11. INDEMNITY. You agree to release, indemnify, and hold us, our contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, of third parties relating to or arising under this Agreement, the Services provided thereunder or your use of the Services, including without limitation infringement by you, or someone else using the E-mail Service with your computer, of any intellectual property or other proprietary right of any person or entity, or from the violation of any of our operating rules or policy relating to the service(s) provided. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy. When we are threatened with suit by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us; your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in deactivation of your domain name.
12. BREACH. You agree that failure to abide by any provision of this Agreement, any operating rule or policy or the Dispute Policy provided by us, may be considered by us to be a material breach and that we may provide a written notice, describing the breach, to you. If within thirty (30) calendar days of the date of such notice, you fail to provide evidence, which is reasonably satisfactory to us, that you have not breached your obligations under the Agreement, then we may delete the registration or reservation of your domain name or terminate your e-mail account without further notice. Any such breach by you shall not be deemed to be excused simply because we did not act earlier in response to that, or any other breach by you.
13. NO GUARANTEE. You agree that, by registration or reservation of your chosen domain name, such registration or reservation does not confer immunity from objection to either the registration, reservation, or use of the domain name.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You agree and warrant that the information that you provide to us to register or reserve your domain name or register for other Services is, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurate and complete, and that any future changes to this information will be provided to us in a timely manner according to the modification procedures in place at that time. You agree that your use of our Services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such Service(s) is provided on an "as is," "as available" basis. We expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service(s) or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the our e-mail service or that defects in the Services software will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the our e-mail service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the e-mail service or any transactions entered into through the e-mail service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the e-mail service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
15. REVOCATION. You agree that we may delete your domain name or terminate your right to use other Services if the information that you provided to register or reserve your domain name or register for other Services, or subsequently to modify it, contains false or misleading information, or conceals or omits any information we would likely consider material to our decision to register or reserve your domain name. You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, delete or transfer your domain name at any time.
16. RIGHT OF REFUSAL. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to register or reserve your chosen domain name or register you for other Services. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or reserve, or delete your domain name or register you for other Services.
17. SEVERABILITY. You agree that the terms of this Agreement are severable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, that term or provision will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect.
18. NON-AGENCY. Nothing contained in this Agreement or the Dispute Policy shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties.
19. NON-WAIVER. Our failure to require performance by the Registrant of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
20. NOTICES. Any notice, direction or other communication given under this Agreement shall be in writing and given by sending it via e-mail or via regular mail. In the case of e-mail, valid notice shall only have been deemed to have been given when an electronic confirmation of delivery has been obtained by the sender, in the case of notice to us or, in the case of notice to you, at the e-mail address provided by you in your WHOIS record or as updated from time to time. Mail shall be sent to Webserve Networks, and to you at the mailing address provided in your application or as updated from time to time. Any e-mail communication shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given on the date of such communication, if such date is a business day and such delivery was made prior to 4:00 p.m. (EST time) and otherwise on the next business day. Any communication sent via regular mail shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given 5 business days after the date of mailing.
21. ENTIRETY. You agree that this Agreement, the rules and policies published us and the Dispute Policy are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding our Services. This Agreement and the Dispute Policy supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent.
22. GOVERNING LAW. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Tamilnadu, India without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
23. INFANCY. You attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
24. ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT. You acknowledge that you have read this agreement and agree to all of its terms and conditions.
25. RESPONSIBILITY. You are responsible for keeping up to date on these terms and conditions. Should they change, the changes will apply toward you. We may or may not notify you of changes to these conditions.
X Close Window